OK, Here we go..... I think it only fair to start with this photo as this trip to Tokyo, and the inspiration of these two guys with me in the photo, really kicked off my interest in exploring food, photographing said eats, and sharing/explaining my impressions of my experiences. So, to you David Chang and Anthony Bourdain, Cheers, and thanks. As I begin I think it only fair to explain a bit of what my purpose with this blog is. As you know, I do not participate in Facebook, and I wont go into why here, but I NEEDED a vehicle to communicate and connect with those in my life, both near and far. As the name implies, this will primarily be a blog about pizza. However, as this is mine, I will feel free to do and say as I damn well please, as it pleases me. So I hope to not offend or tiptoe too far over the line of appropriateness, but if I do, that's just too fucken bad. Enjoy. Pizza, food, life experiences, thoughts, feelings, rants, and more food. This is what you will find here. Please feel free to share and pass along to anyone you think might have an interest, as I hope you will as well. Sincerely yours, DVA

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Addy's Sandwich Bar, Portland Oregon



A little bit of Portland randomness for you

This was not a recommendation by anyone nor was there any research done by yours truly to bring us to this fine establishment.  We were simply riding the trolley and my traveling buddy saw this place as we rolled past.  We disembarked and headed on in.

Sandwich shop, perfect for lunch

Of the posted specials of the day, the blood sausage caught my eye....  So sit back, read a bit, enjoy the blurry photos (typical DVA style) and smile



How'z about a refreshing beverage to begin?  Why yes, I think I will

A beer named Vaporizer? Yeah, that'll work!




The sandwich is accompanied by a couple of gherkins..... no further comment



Per the title of this post, I'd like to present to you the Blood Sausage Sandwich...

If you're not familiar with blood sausage, it's not some hip name for a sausage made with red colored stuff to make it look interesting or wild, and it's not made with beets to trick you in that regard either.  It's made with blood.  Yeah, pigs blood, and mixed with some cooked rice (or similar stuff) and spices and pushed into casings and steamed or smoked, shove it in between some buns, and down the hatch!

I've had it a few times but never on a sandwich.  It's is also one of the standard items of a Proper English Breakfast, called Black Pudding by the Brits.... but it's the same thing.

This one was great, and the flavors worked very well with the celeriac/chestnut spread and endive.  A really good sandwich.  It's not amateur hour at this place, they know what is going on.









And the award for most awesome delivery bike???????  

Yeah, Portland is great.

Blood, it's what's for lunch

DVA


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers