OK, Here we go..... I think it only fair to start with this photo as this trip to Tokyo, and the inspiration of these two guys with me in the photo, really kicked off my interest in exploring food, photographing said eats, and sharing/explaining my impressions of my experiences. So, to you David Chang and Anthony Bourdain, Cheers, and thanks. As I begin I think it only fair to explain a bit of what my purpose with this blog is. As you know, I do not participate in Facebook, and I wont go into why here, but I NEEDED a vehicle to communicate and connect with those in my life, both near and far. As the name implies, this will primarily be a blog about pizza. However, as this is mine, I will feel free to do and say as I damn well please, as it pleases me. So I hope to not offend or tiptoe too far over the line of appropriateness, but if I do, that's just too fucken bad. Enjoy. Pizza, food, life experiences, thoughts, feelings, rants, and more food. This is what you will find here. Please feel free to share and pass along to anyone you think might have an interest, as I hope you will as well. Sincerely yours, DVA

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Ojeda's Mexican Food, TEX-MEX, DeSoto Texas


http://ojedasrestaurant.com/

Yeah, you probably know where this is going, and it's not gonna be good.

But wait!  The Papa John's ended up being OK, for what it was, so just hang on a sec, maybe these goat ropers know a thing or two about some Tex-Mex!

But let's start at the beginning.  Our day has ended early and it's lunch time.  After lunch we are headed to the hotel for the rest of the day, until dinner in about 6 hours.  So let's have a drink!

I'm having a margarita


Nishie-san and Yahata-san are enjoying a Model Especial


The look of this place is actually kinda cool.  Nice old photos on the menus and on the walls giving it a real Mexico feel.  I'm actually kinda into this, at this point.


Three "salsa's" served with chips.  

They are, left to right, super spicy (not habanero tho), verde, and mild

The spicy is ok, very spicy, verde is green chili, obviously, and it's OK, the mild tastes like tomato soup.  Couldn't be lamer, more lame, whatever.  It's bad.


So now we order.  Yahata-san has the combination #4 (cheese tostada, Guac tostada, beef chalupa, yep, cha-fucken-lupa), Nishie-san has the chicken mole, I have the carne asada.

Not only are there chalupa's on the menu but there is something called a Puffed Taco?  And the waitress said the sour cream enchiladas are great...  I think I'll pass.

Sour cream enchilada, somehow I'm stuck on that.  Just sounds like bad

Here is Yahata-san's lunch.

yeah, wow, enjoy the photo, I'll be back in a sec....


WTF?  Where do I begin?

It looks like if Walmart said they wanted to open a Mexican restaurant, this is the kinda stuff they would offer.  I wanna say ghetto, but I think that would be too high class for this.  How do you offer this?  Who came up with this?  Gross.

Nishie-san's chicken mole doesn't look half bad, and he said it tasted good, so I'll have to defer to him.  Beans look a little suspect though, just sayin....




Freshly purchased flour tortillas  :-O


And the carne plate.  Now, this wasn't THAT bad, but not awesome.  The steak was grey though, see the last photo, and the beans kinda caught me off guard.  Much different than Nishie-san's beans.  And the cheese is like a velveeta-cheddar hybrid.   Very melty but a "not real" aspect that eludes definition.



Bean comparison

Why?  What?  Confusing

   
 

TEX-MEX

The only good thing is that it's in Texas.  
A place I do not often visit, so there's a very small chance that I'll have to 
run this down my gullet again.

TEX-MEX = don't do it 

Real mex = LET'S GO!

DVA






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers