OK, Here we go..... I think it only fair to start with this photo as this trip to Tokyo, and the inspiration of these two guys with me in the photo, really kicked off my interest in exploring food, photographing said eats, and sharing/explaining my impressions of my experiences. So, to you David Chang and Anthony Bourdain, Cheers, and thanks. As I begin I think it only fair to explain a bit of what my purpose with this blog is. As you know, I do not participate in Facebook, and I wont go into why here, but I NEEDED a vehicle to communicate and connect with those in my life, both near and far. As the name implies, this will primarily be a blog about pizza. However, as this is mine, I will feel free to do and say as I damn well please, as it pleases me. So I hope to not offend or tiptoe too far over the line of appropriateness, but if I do, that's just too fucken bad. Enjoy. Pizza, food, life experiences, thoughts, feelings, rants, and more food. This is what you will find here. Please feel free to share and pass along to anyone you think might have an interest, as I hope you will as well. Sincerely yours, DVA

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

The Next Generation of Breakfast - Taco Bell - Worldwide


Some might say taco hell, or taco smell, I just say "what's for breakfast?"

Any guess as to how this one's going to turn out?   A great "hand" free invention, or just more disgusting crap from a fast food chain?  

I promise that you won't have to wait long to find out.

Please allow me to introduce "The Next Generation of Breakfast", courtesy of Taco Bell....


A tray full of food we have ordered.  Not necessarily because we are starving but more because we don't  want to have to do this again.  It's not how we normally eat, but I am being drawn to this meal and I'd like to blame the subliminal advertising, but it's  really my lack of self-control that propels these types of posts on to fruition. 

I see it, I want it, I'm having it.


Let's ease into this a bit.

Cinnabon Balls.

Doughnut holes filled with cream cheese "stuff" and rolled in cinnamon sugar.  Hard to F this one up. 
Hot, sweet, light and airy, I don't hate it  :-/

Biscuit Taco

As we would find out when the other items are unwrapped, all this stuff is cold.  Cold cheese, cold eggs, I'm sure you get the point.  I'm pretty hungry at this point so I choked this down, well.... about half of it before I gave up.  The biscuit shell did have a biscuit flavor but it was the worst taste and worst texture of a biscuit I've ever experienced.  Dense, thick, chalky, blech, worse than even Carl's Jr., which is saying something!

See related post:

I needed to run and get some sauce to get down what I had in work.  I'm not looking forward to the rest of this...



California A.M. Crunchwrap

This is HG's choice and we had to send it back due to the frigid nature of it's internal composition.  It looked/looks grilled and should be hot and ready to eat.  Sadly though, even after the re-fire it was still cold. 

After a look inside it's easy to see that the coldness is coming from the salad and avocado that they've placed there.  OK, that makes sense.  But for HG the flavors just didn't work.  Cold avo and salad and warm eggs and hashbrowns surrounded by a large, thick, floury tortilla.  Not awesome.  I tried it and put it down as well.


Grilled Breakfast Burrito - Fiesta Potato
Looks hot, looks grilled.  Was cold, was lame.

After the redux this became HG's new meal.  She ate it all, and fast, and for a buck I think I would order it again but only if a McDonald's wasn't near (I love a sausage McMuffin with egg SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!). 
This was tiny, about 5 inches long and maybe 3 inches around, barely enough to keep the starvation at bay.

A.M Grilled Taco - Sausage

This was not too bad, and I'd order it again for sure and it's probably the ONLY thing I'd get again but I'd have to order three or so because they are so small.  This photo is a little deceiving but they are using a small taco sized tortilla.  Maybe there are 5 bites here?  Again, for the price I'd say do it!


The next one is the guy that I've been wanting to spend some time with for quite a while now.  The anticipation has been exquisite.

Here's the formal ad.... is your whistle getting wet?


And this is the actual product.  Not super far off, at least appearance-wise, although the sandwich in the ad looks moist and juicy, sadly mine was thick and dense and hard to swallow, like a starchy log-jam in my throat.  Sure it's one handed and that's cool if you are driving, but I'm sitting and wanting to eat, and to be able to swallow, and to breath, and to live.  I don't like this.


Stop choking me Taco Bell! 

Get out out of my breakfast and get back to doing what you do well!

What do they do well??? Anyone??


Taco Bell Dollar Cravings Menu coming soon. What's worth a buck?....

Look for it

Wait for it

DVA



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers