OK, Here we go..... I think it only fair to start with this photo as this trip to Tokyo, and the inspiration of these two guys with me in the photo, really kicked off my interest in exploring food, photographing said eats, and sharing/explaining my impressions of my experiences. So, to you David Chang and Anthony Bourdain, Cheers, and thanks. As I begin I think it only fair to explain a bit of what my purpose with this blog is. As you know, I do not participate in Facebook, and I wont go into why here, but I NEEDED a vehicle to communicate and connect with those in my life, both near and far. As the name implies, this will primarily be a blog about pizza. However, as this is mine, I will feel free to do and say as I damn well please, as it pleases me. So I hope to not offend or tiptoe too far over the line of appropriateness, but if I do, that's just too fucken bad. Enjoy. Pizza, food, life experiences, thoughts, feelings, rants, and more food. This is what you will find here. Please feel free to share and pass along to anyone you think might have an interest, as I hope you will as well. Sincerely yours, DVA

Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Brick by Brick, Wood Fired Pizza - Granbury Texas USA

 




Low and behold, almost directly across the street from my hotel in Granbury Texas, a wood fired pizza spot pops up out of nowhere.  😮

What's the chance of that?!?

And what's the chance of it being good (forget about great, I'd take not terrible and be happy about it).

Let's check it out shall we?



Wood fired for sure.

B-B-B started during Covid as a food truck, mobile wood fired pizza.


Born from the passion of this guy, Curtis, the owner.

The oven is from Italy, from what Curtis told me, and looks fully legit.



The rest of the truck is outfitted with a standard pizza kitchen, and of course I talked my way in.

They've been doing this about 4 years, and in this location just a few months.

Currently the truck is parked along side the building where there is a dining room and kitchen that produces all of the other offerings (burgers, salads, sides, etc...).  

The dream/hope is to expand the building to add an oven, and then get the truck back on the road, but again, he's only been here a few months, let's not rush it.





Yesssss, this looks nice, and I'm getting hungry, let's go.


Before we actually try-the-pie, a little detour is in order.

On the menu, in the Italian Fare section 😨 is the Italian classic, fried ravioli......

You know we're gonna try that.

LFG!!!!



I'm not sure how "Italian" this is, but if looks are any indication, this might be good.



Ohhhh Madonna!

Crispy and crunchy, gooey and stretchy, and really delicious.

I got both the marinara and the ranch, and I didn't have a favorite, both tasted great and 
worked really well.

Nice start BBB.  (I could totally be a hand model....)


2 pies:

APizza, their take on a New Haven style, sauce and 3 cheeses.

Vana White, their white pie with a garlic sauce and mozz, and some other items, and then 
add pepperoni.


Ah-Beetz



My first reaction was "uh oh",  the crust looks dry AF.  



But oh my my, look what we have.

Light and fluffy, and crispy on the outside.  Not a hard crunch of a crisp, but a light crispy coating, very deceiving from how it looked.



Nice topping to crust ratio also, an even hand is at work in the kitchen.  Crispy bottom, YUMMM.



Vana White did me right as well.

The larger format pepperoni was great and the "sauce" was super cheesy/garlicy.  Same great crunch and fluff as the APizza.



There's no floppin' in Granbury.

I also talked to a few folks having dinner and half didn't even get the pizza, they were having either a burger or fried catfish. (affectionately listed on the menu in the "Lake Grub" section, love it).

If you're ever anywhere near this place, you have to check it out, it's a winner and
 I can't wait to go back,  Great job Curtis, see you again soon.

DVA



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers