OK, Here we go..... I think it only fair to start with this photo as this trip to Tokyo, and the inspiration of these two guys with me in the photo, really kicked off my interest in exploring food, photographing said eats, and sharing/explaining my impressions of my experiences. So, to you David Chang and Anthony Bourdain, Cheers, and thanks. As I begin I think it only fair to explain a bit of what my purpose with this blog is. As you know, I do not participate in Facebook, and I wont go into why here, but I NEEDED a vehicle to communicate and connect with those in my life, both near and far. As the name implies, this will primarily be a blog about pizza. However, as this is mine, I will feel free to do and say as I damn well please, as it pleases me. So I hope to not offend or tiptoe too far over the line of appropriateness, but if I do, that's just too fucken bad. Enjoy. Pizza, food, life experiences, thoughts, feelings, rants, and more food. This is what you will find here. Please feel free to share and pass along to anyone you think might have an interest, as I hope you will as well. Sincerely yours, DVA

Friday, July 12, 2024

I Love Frankie's - Worcester Mass - USA

 



When your web address is "Worcesters Best Pizza dot com", we know that you're not messing around.

Harken back to the Boston Pizza Festival and you'll recall the King of Pie's, Mr. Frankie.  

Well, we finally made it to his spot, Worcester's finest.

His iconic logo below is actually a reproduction of a photo of his daughter picking up
 a slice and taking a bite.  

Hells yeah.  You know how much I love that.



Massive FUBAR on my part coming....

(for those international readers, FUBAR = F**ked Up Beyond All Repair)

We planned to stop at Frankie's on our way back to the Cape from the family Bungalow which is located in the Catskills of New York State (just down the way from the location of the original Woodstock, but that's another story (Pop-Pop and Ammy, among other family members, actually attended, super cool)).

But, I digress (doing that a lot these days).  So the plan was to stop in on our way "home", 4 hours driving down, 2 more to go.  But, little did I know, and failed to inquire about, 

Frankie's is a take-out only joint!  

And, it's 95 outside, and me with a full car of hungry kiddos and wife, so we can't just chill on the sidewalk or go to a park.

And, also, the pizza photo below makes the pie look a bit of a mess (sorry Frankie, but I was doin my best).

This is a grandma with half cheese and half pepperoni.


By separating a specific slice, it looks a bit more presentable.

(yes, I pulled over under a tree by the street and jumped out to devour 3 slices, which were still too hot for the kids to eat, sorry guys, daddy needs some food).


95 degrees, super humid, no flop.  YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Amaze-balls


Yummy to the next level.


We got a second pie and it was equally as great.  This one was a round Hawaiian.

Let's not hate on the topping choice, please?  I fully agree that pineapple has NO PLACE being on a pizza, total sacrilege to put this on a pie.  

But I also know that with canadian bacon it tastes great, so suck it!

Frankie hooked us up with both pies, a salad, 2 cookies, and some sodas.  Thanks Frankie!!!

The king of Worcester and someone I'm proud to have met and can't wait to see again (which might not be until Fall when it's a bit cooler and easier to enjoy    :-O )

Thanks Frankie, you and your staff are truly awesome.


Best pizza in Worcester?

Best pizza in Mass?

Best pizza ever?

Man, I can't deny it.

If you're NOT puttin' some Frankie's pie in your hole, then whatta ya doin'?

DVA

1 comment:

Followers