OK, Here we go..... I think it only fair to start with this photo as this trip to Tokyo, and the inspiration of these two guys with me in the photo, really kicked off my interest in exploring food, photographing said eats, and sharing/explaining my impressions of my experiences. So, to you David Chang and Anthony Bourdain, Cheers, and thanks. As I begin I think it only fair to explain a bit of what my purpose with this blog is. As you know, I do not participate in Facebook, and I wont go into why here, but I NEEDED a vehicle to communicate and connect with those in my life, both near and far. As the name implies, this will primarily be a blog about pizza. However, as this is mine, I will feel free to do and say as I damn well please, as it pleases me. So I hope to not offend or tiptoe too far over the line of appropriateness, but if I do, that's just too fucken bad. Enjoy. Pizza, food, life experiences, thoughts, feelings, rants, and more food. This is what you will find here. Please feel free to share and pass along to anyone you think might have an interest, as I hope you will as well. Sincerely yours, DVA

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Rip Current Brewing and Sublime North Park Take 2!- Beer and Food - San Diego - USA

Another short and sweet post for your pleasure  :-)

I'll start by saying that it's been at least a month since this visit took place, I'm kinda busy these days...  And any who, I'm glad I waited because in the meantime Rip Current has won it big at the Great American Beer Festival, see following link for details.  

Conratulations RCB!!!



Yes, this is still where our favorite local beer is made.  I can't say that it's our favorite brewery to hang out in though, mainly because the logo and schwag are not super awesome, at least to my keen eye.

The main priority with this visit is to try more of Sublime's food.  If you'll recall from the first go-around, it tasted great but it looked awful.

HG has ordered the Southwest Burger.

I think she ordered this without really knowing the flavors of the southwest (at least Sublime's interpretation of the flavors of the Southwest), and I don't know them either for that matter, at least not in burger form.  The patty was good, nice flavor but maybe a little too underdone for my liking but not bad.  Bun = soft, but not too soft. It was certainly up to the task of supporting all of the stuff inside.  The problem was the stuff inside, aka the southwest flavors, which are kind of stupid to complain about if that's what you ordered, which we did. 

Apparently I don't like southwest flavors  :-O and I can't even describe them well, so I won't.

If you do, please have this burger.  The next visit I'll HAVE TO TRY a normal burger, because I think it'll be killer, or at least it won't suck.  here's big potential here for a decent burger.

This one was all on us, a bad choice for our taste.


How were the fries?

AWESOME

In the photo they look burnt and small and crispy, but to me they were delicious.  Not greasy or over fried at all, nicely lightly seasoned.


Sublime Mac and Cheese

Roasted chicken, mushrooms, applewood smoked bacon, truffle oil 


Baked so that the top has a beautifully crispy crunchy crust on top.  The smell of the truffle oil hits you about a minute before you even see the waitress bringing it by.  Cheesy and stringy, the pasta was cooked perfectly, the chicken and bacon are also a nice behind the scenes team.  

I'd order this again in a sec.  Heck, I may order this EVERY time I come here.

We like you Sublime, and we like that you're inside the place that makes our favorite beer.

Award winning brewery

Taste bud winning food

Walking distance for EVERY ONE

Check 'em out

DVA


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers