OK, Here we go..... I think it only fair to start with this photo as this trip to Tokyo, and the inspiration of these two guys with me in the photo, really kicked off my interest in exploring food, photographing said eats, and sharing/explaining my impressions of my experiences. So, to you David Chang and Anthony Bourdain, Cheers, and thanks. As I begin I think it only fair to explain a bit of what my purpose with this blog is. As you know, I do not participate in Facebook, and I wont go into why here, but I NEEDED a vehicle to communicate and connect with those in my life, both near and far. As the name implies, this will primarily be a blog about pizza. However, as this is mine, I will feel free to do and say as I damn well please, as it pleases me. So I hope to not offend or tiptoe too far over the line of appropriateness, but if I do, that's just too fucken bad. Enjoy. Pizza, food, life experiences, thoughts, feelings, rants, and more food. This is what you will find here. Please feel free to share and pass along to anyone you think might have an interest, as I hope you will as well. Sincerely yours, DVA

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Appetito, Okayama City, Japan, Neapolitan Pizza

Pizza in Japan is becoming a mega industry.  New places are cropping up everywhere, and somehow they are really nailing it (Japan being nowhere near Italy).  

Cool ambience, bitchen ovens, creative take on what they offer, crafting something that is based in authentic neapolitan traditions yet infusing something that is uniquely Japanese.

My two friends Shunsuke and Ai took me to this place, I believe their favorite pizza place, the other day and I cannot wait to go back.  Super fricken cool, and delicious.

Here's both the place and my pals


Proudly displayed official seal of the Napoletana Pizza Authority, etc.. or something like that.  Means that they are doing the real deal, officially approved by Italy, or something...


The oven



Work space



Standard


Salumi and bread with olive oil, and mozzarella 


yeah, yummmmmm




Beautiful


Some antipasti containing octopus, salmon, squid, carrot, olives, spinach. 

Interesting, delicious, a Japanese twist on an Italian classic


The one to the left is a nut bread thing (no idea what it really contained or the name)

On the right was a fried fish with a relish or salsa or ????

Both were delicious



Margherita pizza

Fantastic crust, a little heavy on the cheese and sauce, but a very good pizza



Cheese, sausage, broccoli

Yummmmmm  (but the margherita was better, just sayin)


And we shared a pasta as well  Very good, everything here was VERY good


Yeah, pizza w chopsticks, it happens.....


This was some sort of seafood boulliabasse.  Whole fish underneath clams and a large langostino and whole small squid, all in a wonderful broth and tomato thing.  I want to eat the keyboard off my laptop just thinking about how good this was!


BOOM!



Duck and potato puree


On to the desert

Shunsuke had gelato


I had tiramisu


Ai had pana cotta


Espresso

Bellisimo


 Cool guys


WAY cooler guy

Eat more pie, especially Japanese pie

DVA




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers