OK, Here we go..... I think it only fair to start with this photo as this trip to Tokyo, and the inspiration of these two guys with me in the photo, really kicked off my interest in exploring food, photographing said eats, and sharing/explaining my impressions of my experiences. So, to you David Chang and Anthony Bourdain, Cheers, and thanks. As I begin I think it only fair to explain a bit of what my purpose with this blog is. As you know, I do not participate in Facebook, and I wont go into why here, but I NEEDED a vehicle to communicate and connect with those in my life, both near and far. As the name implies, this will primarily be a blog about pizza. However, as this is mine, I will feel free to do and say as I damn well please, as it pleases me. So I hope to not offend or tiptoe too far over the line of appropriateness, but if I do, that's just too fucken bad. Enjoy. Pizza, food, life experiences, thoughts, feelings, rants, and more food. This is what you will find here. Please feel free to share and pass along to anyone you think might have an interest, as I hope you will as well. Sincerely yours, DVA

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Los Tapatios - DeSoto Texas - USA

Sooo, we (I) know very well that Tex-Mex totally sucks.  But what about just some stright up Mexican food in Texas?  Has to be at least OK right?  Texas is on the border with Mexico the same as California and the Mexican food in SD is killer.

Let's check it out...


There's no website so the above is courtesy of Yelp.

 The official name of this place is Los Tapatios Enterprises Inc.

Not to be confused with the three other Los Tapatios retaurants in the same area....  feels similar to Roberto's, Rollberto's, Royberto's, etc.... 

The salsa was decent, fairly spicy and nice tomato flavor.  I liked that they gave us a pitcher of it so that we could refill our personal cups.


They also brought out a spicier version which honestly wasn't all that much more spicier.  It did have a tomatillo flavor which was nice.


This meal is lunch.  However, we have finished our work for the day and are headed back to the hotel room to "work" (nap) till dinner, so let's have a margarita!


And the food arrives.

This is a carne asada chimichanga.  Looked and smelled decent.  The enjoyer also said it tasted good.


This is the combo carne aside and shrimp.  Again, it's looking like standard Mexican food, which is a good thing.


Chicken tacos.  This looked a little less than awesome, but whatever....


And then there is this....


Molcajete

Comes with side stuff.  


It is essentially a heated of stone vessel (or concrete in this case) that keeps the food hot.  The original version is probably cooked in the vessel as well, but not this one.  There is also an overabundance of Nopales (Cactus).  A little too much if you ask me, but it was easy to pick through and eat the meat/shrimp.  Flavor wise pretty darn good.  Would I order it again?  Never.  I'd have the chimichanga for sure, looked like the best thing on the table.


Texas, not my favorite.

Hanging with my Japanese buddies anywhere in the world, totally my favorite.

Yippy Kay Yay!

DVA


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers