OK, Here we go..... I think it only fair to start with this photo as this trip to Tokyo, and the inspiration of these two guys with me in the photo, really kicked off my interest in exploring food, photographing said eats, and sharing/explaining my impressions of my experiences. So, to you David Chang and Anthony Bourdain, Cheers, and thanks. As I begin I think it only fair to explain a bit of what my purpose with this blog is. As you know, I do not participate in Facebook, and I wont go into why here, but I NEEDED a vehicle to communicate and connect with those in my life, both near and far. As the name implies, this will primarily be a blog about pizza. However, as this is mine, I will feel free to do and say as I damn well please, as it pleases me. So I hope to not offend or tiptoe too far over the line of appropriateness, but if I do, that's just too fucken bad. Enjoy. Pizza, food, life experiences, thoughts, feelings, rants, and more food. This is what you will find here. Please feel free to share and pass along to anyone you think might have an interest, as I hope you will as well. Sincerely yours, DVA

Sunday, April 12, 2015

The Patio on Goldfinch - Mission Hills - San Diego - USA



We are out and about looking for a place to watch the last day of the NHL regular season (specifically the Bruins, who ended up sucking hard) we also want a beverage or two and a little nosh.  

Welcome to The Patio on Goldfinch

It's happy hour from 3-6 every day, and today we are owning a few seats at the bar in front of the telly.  Around and beyond is a wall of alcohol.  The place is open and airy.  The staff is friendly and very engaging.  I'm feeling very at home already.




For happy hour there's a large list of cocktails and beer/wine that are half off.  Here are just a few.

I'm staring with their version of a Sazerac, which was awesome.


HG is having the Goldfinch Mule.


Jenn is staying with the classic glass of wine.


For HH food there are MANY options.  Real options, not just a few pared down items from the regular list.

These are/were/will forever be the best brussel sprouts I've ever had.  Brussel sprouts and cauliflower, fried in a light tempura batter and then coated in a sauce of balsamic, agave, and Sriracha.  

Delicious


Trio of humus.  Also very yummy.  There were 3 kinds of humus....


Beet Bruschetta.  Another huge YUMMMMM.  A little goat cheese, herbs, balsamic, wowzer.  Not small portions either.  Decent enough for 3 people to share.  Yeah, I'm a happy boy today, as with most.



This is the Endless Summer

It's like a Bourbon Mule, or a DVA (if you've not had one of these you are missing out!)


More sprouts?  YES!!!!!!!  And they were gone in seconds.  Sofaking good.


Were about half way through our stay and I'm in need of a little walk-see, and I discover a cheese room a bit down yonder.  Yeah, a whole temperature controlled room at the end of the bar where all of their cheese and pickled items are housed.  Another super cool and original element to this place.  




Naturally, now we shall eat cheese.  We picked 4 and killed em pretty fast.  I don't remember what was what, but go and pick your own and check it out.




My new favorite happy hour spot?  Absolutely!  This place is great.  I might even have to come back again soon and try the dinner menu.  This place is legit.  Everything about it.  Great food, solid drinks, friendly staff and comfortable all around environment.

The Patio on Goldfinch 

Setting themselves apart from the amateurs

Check them out

DVA


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers