OK, Here we go..... I think it only fair to start with this photo as this trip to Tokyo, and the inspiration of these two guys with me in the photo, really kicked off my interest in exploring food, photographing said eats, and sharing/explaining my impressions of my experiences. So, to you David Chang and Anthony Bourdain, Cheers, and thanks. As I begin I think it only fair to explain a bit of what my purpose with this blog is. As you know, I do not participate in Facebook, and I wont go into why here, but I NEEDED a vehicle to communicate and connect with those in my life, both near and far. As the name implies, this will primarily be a blog about pizza. However, as this is mine, I will feel free to do and say as I damn well please, as it pleases me. So I hope to not offend or tiptoe too far over the line of appropriateness, but if I do, that's just too fucken bad. Enjoy. Pizza, food, life experiences, thoughts, feelings, rants, and more food. This is what you will find here. Please feel free to share and pass along to anyone you think might have an interest, as I hope you will as well. Sincerely yours, DVA

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Biscuit Head, Asheville NC, USA, Put Some South in Your Mouth!




I am reminded of Pine State Biscuits in Portland as I sit staring at my meal, eyes glazing over, stomach growling from under the table.  Not necessarily from the look of the place but from the feel of it, and the smell of it, and the look on everyone's faces.  You just know that the food and experience is gonna be great.


The menu contains fresh biscuits and other various and sundry offerings that will delight your pallet.

The good ol' standards are available here, along with the interesting and creative as well. 
All made to order, fresh and delicious.

A mind boggling assortment of hot sauces, jams, random accoutremonts also await to join your meal selection.  Simply stroll to the counter and make your choices.  No limit, no control, just have at it.


Endless


I'm having the Mimosa Fried Chicken Biscuit.

A poached egg atop sweet potato butter.  Underneath the chicken is a perfectly spiced sriracha slaw.

Expertly balanced flavors that work amazingly together.



AND, as I was asking the others at the table to pass some hot sauce one of the food runners overheard me and brought the bottle on the right.....  If you can't tell by the color of it it's ground HabaƱero peppers.  Nuclear hot, and awesome.  And delivery without asking???  
A-plus baby, a-plus.


Papa bear is having the Fried Green Tomato Biscuit.


Mrs. HG is having the Country Ham Biscuit


Mrs. Dylan is having the Half Breakfast


One of the King-men is having the Full Breakfast


Momma King is having the Biscuit And...  (she obviously chose the fried green tomatoes as her side).


And yet another Kingman also had the Half Breakfast.


All I need at this point is a walk around the block.  I'm sofaking full, and happy, and content.


Two biscuit posts in a row?  Probably time for something completely different, and you'll get that with the next one, I promise.

Put some biscuits in your basket!

DVA



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers