OK, Here we go..... I think it only fair to start with this photo as this trip to Tokyo, and the inspiration of these two guys with me in the photo, really kicked off my interest in exploring food, photographing said eats, and sharing/explaining my impressions of my experiences. So, to you David Chang and Anthony Bourdain, Cheers, and thanks. As I begin I think it only fair to explain a bit of what my purpose with this blog is. As you know, I do not participate in Facebook, and I wont go into why here, but I NEEDED a vehicle to communicate and connect with those in my life, both near and far. As the name implies, this will primarily be a blog about pizza. However, as this is mine, I will feel free to do and say as I damn well please, as it pleases me. So I hope to not offend or tiptoe too far over the line of appropriateness, but if I do, that's just too fucken bad. Enjoy. Pizza, food, life experiences, thoughts, feelings, rants, and more food. This is what you will find here. Please feel free to share and pass along to anyone you think might have an interest, as I hope you will as well. Sincerely yours, DVA

Monday, January 26, 2015

Bojangles', Famous Chicken 'n Biscuits, Everywhere in the South, USA

If you like super flaky, light, fluffy, slightly salty, buttery biscuits, then you're gonna love this.

And, add to that a perfectly fried piece of chicken, marinated in cajun goodness UNDER the breading, then you're REALLY gonna love this.

I know I do

They call this Bojangles'

And as you'll see, everything in this place is Bo-something.




Chicken and biscuits is the game.  In any and every combination, new ones all the time. 
It's a southern classic and these guys are the best at it.

It's Bo time, let's head on in!


Biscuits awaiting your arrival.

It' absolutely Bo time!


Another NC original, Cheerwine.  It taste like it's cherry coke that's gone flat.  There is no wine or alcohol in this stuff whatsoever.  Kinda funny that a soda has the name wine in it....but eh, it's the south, there's worse stuff than that going down here  :-O


Sweet tea, another big seller here.  You aren't gonna get to be 300 pounds by doing nothing.  Wait, maybe you will...


BoJo, yeah


And now.... the new and famous and delicious Cheddar Bo. More about that later.  Wait for it.


Now on to my favorite sandwich, and the ONLY sandwich I've ever eaten here.

The Cajun Chicken Biscuit.

A fried chicken piece marinated in cajun sauce, breaded and fried.  It's amazing.  Just a little spice/heat, super crunchy on the outside, moist and juicy on the inside.  It really is awesome, and consistently so every time I've had it.


As a meal it comes with Bo-Tato-Rounds, which are potatoes with onions compressed into a wheel shape and then deep fried, amazing, and a drink.


Unsweetened Ice Tea for me thanks.





Killer

The biscuits taste as though brushed with salty butter right out of the oven, which they probably are.

This will have you licking your fingers for about an hour after the meal is over.


Wait for it


BAM!


Cheddar Bo


A biscuit with two slices of cheddar cheese baked inside and the cheese is allowed to melt over the outsides creating a "skirt" around the bottom.  Crispy and crunchy cheese, and melty and smooth at the same time, fluffy biscuit all around, top and bottom. 

An amazing creation at a great southern fast food chain.

Get some Bo-Time in ya!

DVA


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers