OK, Here we go..... I think it only fair to start with this photo as this trip to Tokyo, and the inspiration of these two guys with me in the photo, really kicked off my interest in exploring food, photographing said eats, and sharing/explaining my impressions of my experiences. So, to you David Chang and Anthony Bourdain, Cheers, and thanks. As I begin I think it only fair to explain a bit of what my purpose with this blog is. As you know, I do not participate in Facebook, and I wont go into why here, but I NEEDED a vehicle to communicate and connect with those in my life, both near and far. As the name implies, this will primarily be a blog about pizza. However, as this is mine, I will feel free to do and say as I damn well please, as it pleases me. So I hope to not offend or tiptoe too far over the line of appropriateness, but if I do, that's just too fucken bad. Enjoy. Pizza, food, life experiences, thoughts, feelings, rants, and more food. This is what you will find here. Please feel free to share and pass along to anyone you think might have an interest, as I hope you will as well. Sincerely yours, DVA

Thursday, January 15, 2015

The Rabbit Hole, Normal Heights, USA, Patriots vs Ravens, Ravens suck!




Still my favorite place for all things food/drink/sports?  Hell yes!

A quick 4 block walk and we've arrived.  Our preferred seats at the bar are open and ready.  
And WE are ready for the Patriots vs the hated Ravens.  


I'm getting the day started with a Bloody Mary, spicy, thick, and strong and loaded with Skerry Pickles, delish!

If you need more info on Skerry Pickles, here's a link, they are great!



HG is having a Margarita, equally strong and yummy.


Both are made by this awesome dude.  Honestly, we love this place for a lot of reasons, the food, locations, etc...  but this guy is a big part of why we keep coming back.  Happy, nice, funny, great to talk to, terrific drinks.  

I'm talking about the Jack-a-lop, obviously.  Michael is OK too, I guess...


We aren't enjoying it today, being a Saturday, but they have a pretty good Hoppy Hour you might want to try...



We are here for the brunch, and then some.  Meaning maybe a burger, etc..


But first we start with the Smoked Duck Wings, with house made chile pepper BBQ sauce.
Uhmmmmm yeah,  


I believe, just by their appearance, that they are smoked first and deep fired after.  And yes, Duck!

The standard offering is sauce on the wings.  I requested it on the side because I feel the flavor of the duck is masked too much by the sauce, but the sauce is great, so I want it to.  I want to alternate bits, in the sauce, and sans-sauce.  HG wishes that we just had'em like they make'em.  Git your own next time HG!  Have'em your way!



What a great day!


 The game is on and it's time to make a toast!

I am all about the whiskey/Scotch these days, so when I need to crank up my bloody or beer, this is what I'm turning to.  Collier, from what I remember it was really nice.  Smooth and flavorful.


On to the Mac-n-Cheese

Add lobster for $2?  Stupid question, YES!!!!!!

All the fried blobs on top are lobster, and there is so much that it coated the whole top of the Mac.  And, honestly, I don't remember what it tasted like, but I remember it being cheesy and I remember that i liked it, so get it!


Next on tap, to soak up all the alcohol we're drinking watching this GREAT GAME, is the burger.  Meat Love Burger, as listed on the menu to be exact.  The bacon was awesome and the meat in the burger was juicy and delicious.  The fries are always hot, crispy, and delicious.  Comes with house made ketchup also which to alternate between Heinz is good.  For me, with every bite, it's a bit heavy on the smokey flavor. 


Soft and buttery brioche bun, super melty cheese.



YEAH!!!!!!!


As the Pats head down the field to complete the clobbering of the Ravens we try another whiskey and set back to enjoy the victory.  

Things that suck
1) The Baltimore Ravens
2)  Dogs with sweaters
3)  Chickens with mustaches
4)  14 cats

Things that DON'T suck
1)  Whiskey
2)  Having fun
3)  Rabbit wings
4)  Killin it


DVA



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers