OK, Here we go..... I think it only fair to start with this photo as this trip to Tokyo, and the inspiration of these two guys with me in the photo, really kicked off my interest in exploring food, photographing said eats, and sharing/explaining my impressions of my experiences. So, to you David Chang and Anthony Bourdain, Cheers, and thanks. As I begin I think it only fair to explain a bit of what my purpose with this blog is. As you know, I do not participate in Facebook, and I wont go into why here, but I NEEDED a vehicle to communicate and connect with those in my life, both near and far. As the name implies, this will primarily be a blog about pizza. However, as this is mine, I will feel free to do and say as I damn well please, as it pleases me. So I hope to not offend or tiptoe too far over the line of appropriateness, but if I do, that's just too fucken bad. Enjoy. Pizza, food, life experiences, thoughts, feelings, rants, and more food. This is what you will find here. Please feel free to share and pass along to anyone you think might have an interest, as I hope you will as well. Sincerely yours, DVA

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Milo's NY Style Pizza, La Mesa, San Diego, USA

Milo's with Milo
 
Welcome to the inagural episode of "Meals with Milo"
 
Who is Milo?  Not important at this point.  What are the meals all about?  Not important either..  Just the fact that I'll enjoy eating and writing about it will be enough, for me at least.
 
Confused?  Me too.... On to the meal! 
 
This is, without a doubt, my favorite NY Style pizza in La Mesa.  Yes, my favorite.  Whether we're on Marie or Meade, when I need a solid pie, have to have my pizza fix, Jones'in for... for.... I don't know what rhymes with Jones'in, so sorry.....this is who I call. 
 
Delivery is hot and fast, they are ready for you, any time. 
That's what we want and that's what I'm talking about!
 
They even have an app, or the ability to text your order in, or whatever (it's too hi-tech for me so I won't go into more details and I don't utilize it.  I also really enjoy the direct person-to-person contact over the phone, cause normally I've already enjoyed a beverage by the time I call so I'm cranked up for the convo, or someone who will remain nameless (Tom), is in the background and is drunk and yelling at me and making the whole thing confusing and difficult, and hillarious).
 
So use whatever mode of communication you prefer.  If you happen to live within their delivery radius stay home, if not, head on in.  It's worth it.
 
 
 
Standard box.....   :-{O      Wait, what just happened?

 
Standard NY Style
 
Meaning = perfect
 
 
The crust is light and crisp, there is also a subtle yeasty hint to it that I love, with a good pull and chewyness that I need, but it's not tough, it's just perfect.
 
The topping to crust ratio is also perfect.  Flavorful ingredients, not drowning the pie.  Balanced, that's what this is, balanced.
 
My favorite thing has to be the onions though.   I love a pepperoni/sausage and either onion or mushroom pizza.  But this is the only place I know, or have enjoyed, that uses red onions and slices them SUPER THIN and then they get all crispy and carmely and amazingly delicious.
 
Amazing
 
Perfect
 
 
Delicious

 
Milo liked it to, he told me
 
DVA

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers