OK, Here we go..... I think it only fair to start with this photo as this trip to Tokyo, and the inspiration of these two guys with me in the photo, really kicked off my interest in exploring food, photographing said eats, and sharing/explaining my impressions of my experiences. So, to you David Chang and Anthony Bourdain, Cheers, and thanks. As I begin I think it only fair to explain a bit of what my purpose with this blog is. As you know, I do not participate in Facebook, and I wont go into why here, but I NEEDED a vehicle to communicate and connect with those in my life, both near and far. As the name implies, this will primarily be a blog about pizza. However, as this is mine, I will feel free to do and say as I damn well please, as it pleases me. So I hope to not offend or tiptoe too far over the line of appropriateness, but if I do, that's just too fucken bad. Enjoy. Pizza, food, life experiences, thoughts, feelings, rants, and more food. This is what you will find here. Please feel free to share and pass along to anyone you think might have an interest, as I hope you will as well. Sincerely yours, DVA

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Sal e Grill - Churrascaria - Piracicaba - Brazil



This post is all about big beautiful meat, an endless supply, more than you could ever imagine or want.  This post is also going to be very short on words as I have long forgotten exactly the cut offered or enjoyed.  So sit back, relax, and enjoy the photos.

For those of you unfamiliar with a Churrascaria, it's all you can eat for one price, everything is included from the salad bar, sushi bar, side dishes to the meats and then desserts.  Everything.  The meats are delivered to the table on skewers, all other offerings are self serve.  The meats are all simply grilled over an open flame, rotated on skewers, often salt is the only seasoning applied.

You simply let the server know that you're ready for more meat by turning the handy provided card to green.  When you've had enough you present the red side up.  I was lucky enough to be sitting next to a true professional who was able to guide me down the road to success, meaning that the restaurant will bring the cheaper, lesser cuts of meats out first to fill you up before the high dollar items are presented.  We don't want any of that, bring on the feast!




First is a fried cheese, soft and salty and crispy.  A great start



A refreshing local beverage is next, or first, or whatever.


Ahhhh


This is a very local soda found only in Brazil, I think.  It tasted like carbonated cherry juice, light and refreshing.


I didn't try these but others did and seemed to enjoy them.  I'm not wasting the belly space.


The side-bar (side dishes if you didn't get that...)


Help yourself sushi.


A chef was also available to make sushi to order.  
As I'll be in Japan in a week, I think I'll skip this whole area tonight...


I ate one of these, and felt it the next day  :-O  It was good though to take a small piece along with a bit of meat, completely worth the "expense" later.


Chicken hearts.  Big chicken flavor and nicely crispy. 


Sausage of some sort.  Also good.


Now we'll pick up the pace.  Next is a road map of what they are bringing. 




Meat.







This was the best.



This was better.



This was a little dry, honestly, and looks it.


This was the best too.  Soft, flavorful, juicy.


The best also.


This too.


And this.


Lamb T-Bone.  Best.


I didn't have room for dessert, but here is the cart.


On the cart's lower shelf was flan, a Brazilian version.  I had a bite and it was solidly a flan. 


I also had a bite of this and it was KILLER!    Some sort of fruity soft-serve smothered in a berry sauce.  Tart and sweet and gooey.


If I had taken this photo 2 second earlier you would have seen the flames.  Imagine them...


I like Brazil, their culture, food, drinks, people, all.

If you ever have a chance to go, you must.

If I get another, I will.

Meat

Meet

DVA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers